How to Make a Stress Relief Tea
Here's a recipe for a stress relief tea that combines several herbs known for their calming and relaxing properties:
- 1 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon balm leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried passionflower leaves
- 2 cups of water
- Honey or lemon to taste (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the dried chamomile flowers, dried lavender flowers, dried lemon balm leaves, and dried passionflower leaves to the water.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the herbs steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and strain the tea into a cup.
- Add honey or lemon to taste (optional).
- Enjoy your stress relief tea!
Chamomile is known for its calming properties and can help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. Lavender is also known for its relaxing properties and can help soothe the nervous system. Lemon balm has a calming effect and can help reduce stress and anxiety. Passionflower has a sedative effect and can help calm the mind and promote restful sleep. Honey or lemon can provide some natural sweetness and may also help soothe the nerves. It's important to note that if you are pregnant or taking medication, you should consult with a healthcare provider before using any herbal remedies.