How To Make Hawthorn Berry Tincture
Hawthorn berry tincture is a natural remedy that can provide numerous health benefits, such as supporting cardiovascular health and reducing anxiety. Here's a simple recipe for making hawthorn berry tincture at home:
- 1 cup fresh or dried hawthorn berries
- 1 pint of 80 proof alcohol, such as vodka or brandy
- Glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Rinse the hawthorn berries thoroughly and remove any stems or leaves.
- Crush the berries slightly using a mortar and pestle or a food processor.
- Place the crushed berries in a glass jar.
- Pour the alcohol over the berries, making sure they are completely covered.
- Seal the jar tightly with a lid.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place for at least 6 weeks, shaking it daily to ensure the berries are well-infused.
- After 6 weeks, strain the tincture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a clean glass jar.
- Discard the used berries.
- Label the jar with the date and type of tincture.
- Store the tincture in a cool, dark place.
To use the hawthorn berry tincture, simply add a few drops to a glass of water or juice and drink it daily. Consult with a healthcare provider before adding any new supplements or herbal remedies to your diet, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or take any medications.